Preserving and increasing your wealth, while assuring you are comfortable with the management of your assets, is the primary goal of the Trust Department at First Security Bank.
Managed by a group of highly credentialed professionals, the Trust Department at First Security Bank has become one of the largest in Mississippi. We have earned the respect of attorneys, accountants, and other advisors. We strive not only to exceed the expectations of longtime investors, but also those of friends and neighbors who may be entering the wealth management process for the first time.
Four Helpful Questions
1. Are you confident that you are "on track" to meet your financial goals regarding such things as a comfortable retirement, owning a home, your children's education, or a long awaited vacation?
2. Does your investment portfolio suitably balance income, growth opportunities and risks?
3. Do you have a unique situation, like a closely held business or investment in real estate, that may bring about special estate-planning issues?
4. Will your beneficiaries gain full benefit from the financial and other resources that you have accumulated in your lifetime?
The Trust Department of First Security Bank can help you answer these and other questions regarding the security and stability of your financial future.
Our Trust Department at First Security Bank is one of the most well established in Mississippi.
We can assist you in matters involving wills and estates or help you simplify and improve the management of your personal financial affairs. A Trust also can be used to eliminate duplication of federal estate taxes and is an effective tool for safe-guarding the assets of your estate while providing support for your spouse and children. Just a few of the services and products offered by the Trust Department at First Security Bank include:
- Financial Planning
- Investment Management Accounts IRA's
- Management of IRA Rollovers
- Custody Services
- Trust Services
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning and Management
Investment Management Account
An Investment Management Account (IMA) relieves you of the daily stress of keeping up with the continually changing financial market.
When you open an IMA, we will develop an asset allocation plan just for you. It is based on your risk tolerance, financial goals, and objectives. Then, we will make investment decisions for your account based on thorough and comprehensive research of all appropriate investments and market conditions.
In the ongoing analysis of your IMA account:
- We measure the performance of your current investments
- We monitor the market for other attractive investments
- We carefully watch economic conditions and market movements.
- IMAs are available to individuals (taxable or taxpayer deferred accounts), small businesses, pensions, and profit sharing plans.
Retirement Planning and IRA Rollover
Proper management for your retirement distributions is perhaps the most crucial factor in securing your financial future.
There are several important tax implications and investment decisions to consider before receiving your 401(k)or other retirement plan distributions.
It pays to know your options.
For example: If you do not roll your distribution directly into an IRA or other tax qualified plan, your distribution could be subject to taxes and IRS penalties.
Management of your rollover plan can be done with either a Self-Directed Account or an Investment Management Account.
If you are comfortable making and monitoring your own investment decisions, our Self-Directed account may be best for you.
On the other hand, if you are not comfortable making your own investment decisions, or simply just do not have time to monitor your portfolio and market conditions, then our Investment Management Account (IMA) is for you. Your account will be managed and monitored under the watchful eye of our investment professionals.
Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
Whether you're saving for a child's education, your first home, or a more comfortable retirement, we'll help you get there. We offer the Roth IRA, the Coverdell Education Savings Account and the improved Traditional IRA.
You can open your IRA with as little as $100 and take advantage of deferred taxes on the growth of your account.
In addition, contributions may be tax deductible. And, for your convenience, you can make contributions any time, even through automatic transfers from your checking account.
If you prefer to make your own investment decisions, but don't want to be bogged down by the time-consuming chores of owning securities, our Custody accounts may be just what you need. With this type of account, assets are bought and sold only at the client's instructions.
It is important to note that our investment professionals do not offer investment advice or recommendations for Custody accounts, but furnish periodic detailed statements listing all transactions.
In general, a trust is a relationship in which one party (the trustor) gives fiduciary control of property to a person or institution (the trustee) for the benefit of another. The trustee administers and controls the assets according to the instructions in the trust document.
A trust can be used to eliminate duplication of federal estate taxes and is an effective tool for protecting the assets of your estate, while providing support for your spouse and children.
- Personal Trusts
- Living Trusts
- Land Trusts
- Educational Trusts
- Corporate Trusts
- Charitable Trusts
- Trusts Established by Wills
A trust accomplishes many of your estate planning goals.
- It ensures someone is available to make important financial decisions should incapacity strike.
- It brings continuity that can provide financial support for loved ones during your lifetime and beyond.
- It gives you peace of mind knowing that details of your financial life will avoid public scrutiny.
- It provides you access to investment expertise and can help you eliminate the overpayment of taxes.
We also work with attorneys and accountants to provide these additional services:
- Guardianship for the Estate of Minors
- Conservator for the Estate of an Adult
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Executor Services
To learn more about how the Trust Department at First Security Bank can benefit you and your heirs, contact one of our investment professionals today. We also would welcome the opportunity to help you improve your financial standing.
Call us today!
Investments: Not a Deposit of the Bank, Not FDIC Insured, May Lose Value, No Bank Guarantee