Our Trust Department at First Security Bank is one of the most well established in Mississippi.
In general, a trust is a relationship in which one party (the trustor) gives fiduciary control of property to a person or institution (the trustee) for the benefit of another. The trustee administers and controls the assets according to the instructions in the trust document.
A trust can be used to eliminate duplication of federal estate taxes and is an effective tool for protecting the assets of your estate, while providing support for your spouse and children.
- Personal Trusts
- Living Trusts
- Land Trusts
- Educational Trusts
- Corporate Trusts
- Charitable Trusts
- Trusts Established by Wills
A trust accomplishes many of your estate planning goals.
- It ensures someone is available to make important financial decisions should incapacity strike.
- It brings continuity that can provide financial support for loved ones during your lifetime and beyond.
- It gives you peace of mind knowing that details of your financial life will avoid public scrutiny.
- It provides you access to investment expertise and can help you eliminate the overpayment of taxes.
We also work with attorneys and accountants to provide these additional services:
- Guardianship for the Estate of Minors
- Conservator for the Estate of an Adult
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Executor Services
If you prefer to make your own investment decisions, but don't want to be bogged down by the time-consuming chores of owning securities, our Custody accounts may be just what you need. With this type of account, assets are bought and sold only at the client's instructions.
It is important to note that our investment professionals do not offer investment advice or recommendations for Custody accounts, but furnish periodic detailed statements listing all transactions.
To learn more about how the Trust Department at First Security Bank can benefit you and your heirs, contact one of our investment professionals today. We also would welcome the opportunity to help you improve your financial standing. Call us today!
Investments: Not a Deposit of the Bank, Not FDIC Insured, May Lose Value, No Bank Guarantee